Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Jira Service Management
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in PDT.
Atlassian customers seek new ways to offer support services beyond the traditional emails and portals. They want experiences that proactively celebrate the human side of service management. That's why Atlassian is getting ready to unleash the potential of Conversational Help in Jira Service Management - turning every request into a simple conversation.
Sound interesting? Well, if you have deep customer empathy, love solving hard problems and excel at variety, this is your role! We are looking for a full stack software engineer to join our fast-growing team to build the core of Atlassian Assist. As a senior engineer, you will create experiences inside Slack and Microsoft Team that empower more than 100,000 employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, Pinterest, and GitHub. You'll be a technical leader on your team and own projects end-to-end. You will be encouraged to voice your opinion, because we value healthy debate as much as collaboration.
What you'll do
- You will drive the technical direction and implementation of large-scale product features that our customers seriously love
- Evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance and customer impact to ensure we build the right solution
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering to influence product strategy and direction
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code while keeping our customers best interests in mind
- React to how our product is used in the wild, and help to fix bugs and production issues as they occur
- Contribute to code reviews, documentation, and complex bug fixes with security, performance and reliability in mind
- Mentor and level up the skills of your teammates by sharing your expertise
- 5+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications
- Experience leading a product initiative from design to production
- Experience scaling a platform across distributed services
- You excel in collaborative environments where you experiment and iterate quickly with a team to solve big challenges
- You are customer-focused and enjoy working directly with design and product to ship delightful experiences.
- Experience with Node.js, TypeScript, DynamoDB
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!