Lead Principal Architect - Team Data
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry, and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that provides their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to promote humanity.
In this role as a Lead Principal Architect, you will be working across the Team Data organization which serves the following mission-critical functions for the whole company:
- Analytical Data Platform which includes data lake, data ingestion/modeling/transformation tooling and frameworks as well as the query layer
- Platforms for specific use cases: Machine Learning & AI, Measurement & Experimentation
- Data Engineering
- Our Customer Data Offering Atlassian Analytics.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong technical expertise and 10+ years experience in designing/building data-intensive applications. Fluency in the current landscape (SQL, NoSQL, NewSQL, big data, ML, Streaming, ETL)
- Passion for software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy etc)
- Passion and aptitude for recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Ability to get engineers to follow their lead as well as mentor/coach
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure
It's great, but not required if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS storage and data offerings is super useful for this role but not necessary
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience in ML and Big Data
- Previous experience having led teams thru arduous decomposition and architecture programs
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $291,500 - $447,100
Zone B: $291,500 - $447,100
Zone C: $291,500 - $447,100
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!