Backend Software Engineer - Confluence Ecosystems
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Back End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Ecosystems team in Mountain View. You will have a direct impact to the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. You'll work as part of a small but rapidly growing team delivering incredible, creative improvements our product. You'll collaborate with other Software Engineers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Proficiency in Java programming and debugging
- Solid fundamental skills in data structures, algorithms and Service Oriented Architectures
- Strong engineering skills in building well-tested, reliable software components
- Proficiency in relational databases and handling data at scale
- Ability to work closely with support engineers on customer facing issues
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant RESTful micro-services
- Knowledge of the principles to construct fault-tolerance, reliable and durable software systems
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
It's awesome, but not required if you have:
- Spring, XML, OSGi, Shell scripting
- AWS experience preferred
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!