Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Engineering Manager, Confluence (Mission Control)
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Confluence Mission Control aims to provide an experience that adjusts to users' needs, empowering admins to effectively manage teams of any size. You'll be directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product.
You will manage a group of engineers at varying job levels, from new college grads to senior engineers. You will be responsible for their daily work and mentoring them as they climb up their career ladders. You will work with your design and product management counterparts to fill use case gaps, improve API footprint, and improve the user experience.
What you'll do:
- Detailed execution plans for products and features
- Participate in technical/architectural discussions, provide direction, and drive outcomes
- Manage reliability, performance, and productivity metrics for the team and the services owned by the team
- Yearly/quarterly/sprint planning, and other Agile rituals
- Manage customer issues, and escalations, and be involved in other customer interactions like product feedback
- Participate in hiring planning and other budgeting exercises
- Inspire innovation and operational excellence within the team
- Collaborate with partners to get clarity on priorities, scheduling, and scope of work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Industry experience working as a hands-on engineering manager, managing a team of engineers
- Fluency in Java/C# or other object-oriented programming languages
- At least 6+ years of industry experience as an engineer
- At least 3 years of experience building distributed systems for a SaaS product
- At least 3 years of experience with true continuous delivery to a production system
- At least 3 years of Project Management driving multi-team projects
- Experience leading Engineering teams for a Saas product without QA teams / Deep understanding of SaaS product quality control
- Familiarity with industry-standard monitoring systems (e.g.: Splunk, DataDog, New Relic, etc.)
- Passionate about mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300
Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600
Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.