Senior Financial Analyst, Customer Support & Success and Sales
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're hiring for an integral member of Atlassian's GTM (Go-to-Market) FP&A team. You will report to the FP&A Operations Manager of Customer Support Services (CSS), Customer Success & Innovation (CSI), and Sales. You will be the go-to person of budget-related questions, and you will work cross-functionally and provide insightful analyses to the leaders in CSS, CSI, Sales, and GTM FP&A. You will thrive if you are highly driven, resourceful, and interested in expanding your knowledge of GTM functions in SaaS.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Build trusted relationships with budget managers across CSS, CSI, and Sales
- Track budget movements across various expense accounts and departments, helping CSS, CSI, and Sales make critical budget allocation and trade-off decisions along the way
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly variance to budget analyses to CSS, CSI, and Sales, as well as any ad-hoc budget analyses requested by the business
- Partner with Accounting during month-end closes to ensure that the appropriate expenses are recognized
- Partner with budget managers, Accounting, and Procurement to ensure that appropriate budgets are set aside for new contracts
- Identify and execute process improvements
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in a financial/analytical role
- Experience with simultaneously managing multiple business stakeholders' budgets
- Strong interest in GTM functions in SaaS
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Eagerness to learn and a self-starter
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Team player in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- An effective communicator who is concise, timely, and able to explain finance and accounting to non-finance partners
- Comfortable with working with senior leaders and even challenging the status quo when it's in the business' best interests
Highly preferred but not required:
- Exposure to planning tools like Anaplan and Tableau and Procurement platforms such as Coupa
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $103,500 - $158,700
Zone B: $93,100 - $142,900
Zone C: $85,900 - $131,800
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!