Compensation Business Partner
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Our Compensation Business Partner team is comprised of people with backgrounds in Compensation, Consulting, Human Resources and Finance. We collaborate with HR Partners and Business Leaders to maximize program execution and creatively solve compensation questions/issues within the context of Compensation philosophy and strategy .
We're hiring a Compensation Business Partner, reporting to the Compensation Business Partner leader. You are a Compensation Business Partner with a background in Compensation consulting. Here, you'll combine data, insights and business knowledge to creatively solve issues and assess program results.
What you'll do
- Act as the primary consultant for assigned business unit(s), serving as a strategic advisor on compensation practices and the pay landscape both internally and externally
- Provide creative compensation recommendations and solutions that are aligned with business strategy and compensation philosophy, challenging current thinking if necessary to arrive at outcomes that align with Atlassian culture and future direction
- Provide guidance for Human Resources Business Partners and functional Management throughout the year and through the annual Rewards planning process.
- Lead in the development and distribution of materials that support change management approaches and enhance the understanding and value of compensation programs within assigned business
- Conduct complex modeling and analysis on all aspects of compensation (base, equity, retention, and complex offers) which may include building analytical tools to predict or diagnose compensation issues, drawing themes and trends from data analysis to influence and support decision-making,
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources Business Partners to develop solutions for compensation issues and interpret compensation philosophies to implement solutions in their business
- Provide input to compensation program owners to improve compensation programs and ensure programs meet align with business strategies and direction.
- 8+ years of global compensation experience including business consulting and program design
- Experience working with compensation program design, competitive market analysis, forecasting trends/costs and modeling outcomes
- Lead audience to desired outcomes using verbal and written approaches
- Demonstrated adaption of communication styles to audience
- Familiarity with compensation compliance rules globally
- Consulting skills and background
- Proficient with excel (can perform complex functions) and Google Sheets
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $165,000 - $253,000
Zone B: $148,500 - $227,700
Zone C: $136,900 - $210,000
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!