Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Program Manager, Tooling
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
We're looking for our next amazing Senior Program Manager to join the Customer Support Services (CSS) team to drive substantial outcomes for Atlassian. Are you passionate about strategic problem-solving and driving a cross-functional team to deliver success? Then we need you!
You'll report to the Program Management Manager. You'll be key in driving Customer Support programs to solve our needs and impact our internal and external customers upon successful completion. The scope of programs may span several strategic areas including business transformation capabilities and operational excellence in technical support
What you'll do
- Ensure we deliver successful outcomes to the business. Collaborate with internal partners to define and size the program. Develop and validate that the plan will yield success through ongoing reflection, analytics insights, and program management best practices.
- Interview customers and technical delivery teams to evaluate the current state, promote a desired future state, and capture the business and technical requirements.
- Align dependencies .across all partners (data engineering, data science, design, development, etc.) to ensure effective delivery.
- Identify, escalate, and mitigate risk to program success for the forward rolling six months.
- Manage change in our internal global support organization
- You combine curiosity, judgment, humility, and drive, and you like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem to get to the root cause. You engender a collaborative environment where teams work together. You are an excellent communicator; others seek your mentorship in presenting with partners
- You have significant strategic experience and are willing to experiment and pivot quickly. When you encounter a problem, you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to move forward. You have experience in change management and turning information and questions into action. You've interacted with people across all levels of an organization and can field questions during a presentation like a pro.
- You've learned to be impactful in new areas and keep pace with a company's growth and evolution. You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to deliver results.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of professional experience in program management
- Experience building a program from scratch, developing a strategy informed by research, and creating the implementation and change plan.
- Experience with Agile methodology - roadmap planning, building epics, user stories and backlog
- Effective methods for presenting complex business and technical plans to a senior leadership audience.
- An analytic rigor, drive to support decisions with data, and the ability to make data clear to diverse audiences.
- It's great, but not required, to have experience working in a dynamic software company with operations and support teams located in different geographies.
More about our team
We are a growing business transformation team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing and trying new approaches.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $150,000 - $230,000
Zone B: $135,000 - $207,000
Zone C: $124,500 - $190,900
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.