Product Marketing Intern, 2023 Summer U.S.
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your summer with us having an impact on how millions of users see and work with the Atlassian brand and products. As an intern for the Product Marketing team, you'll focus on helping teams worldwide, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, while using Atlassian tools. You'll work with Product Managers, Product Marketers and customer-facing teams to create and launch compelling marketing campaigns that bring our products to life.
This opportunity as a Product Marketing intern will give your career a head start with support from a collaborative, mixed-skills team and experience shaping the direction of our marketing programs. The Product Marketing team crafts and executes GTM (Go to Market) strategy for all products across Atlassian. We run our organization like a well-oiled agile team, where the top priority items are easily identifiable and everyone on the team rallies around those deliverables, and each other.
An internship with Atlassian will provide you with a baseline of knowledge for all areas of product marketing including competitive analysis, growth marketing, campaigns, product launches, content strategy, customer marketing and the opportunity to collaborate with our product team.
Not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT/CPT, J-1/TN, or H-1 B student graduates at this time.
What You'll do
- You'll conduct market research and competitor analysis to help us find opportunities on how to position our product in the market.
- You'll get a talk with customers, learn what makes them successful with our tools, and then write about it on our public blog (i.e., get yourself published on a site that attracts millions of visitors every year).
- You'll contribute to marketing strategies and campaigns, conduct applicable research, and have a seat at the table with the rest of our team.
- You'll work with our customer-facing teams to equip them with the right messages, customer stories, and product information to lead customer adoption of our solutions.
- You'll help analyze campaign performance, and provide insights for improvement.
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship, graduating by May/June 2024
- You have general knowledge of basic marketing frameworks and operation concepts
- Have knowledge of basic marketing and business operations concepts
- Have an interest in the B2B SaaS technology landscape
- Be curious and passionate about your work
- Be able to commit to a full-time role (40hrs / week)
- Please note: At this time, we are only open to entry-level candidates with less than a year of professional experience (this does not include internships/co-ops)
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $35/hr - $40/hr
Zone B: $32/hr - $36/hr
Zone C: $29/hr - $34/hr
Within each range, base pay is determined based your skills and experience. Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!