Escalation Manager, Migrations
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love being the driver in assessing crucial customer challenges and themes, taking ownership to educate and influence internal and external teams, and lead towards resolution and thrilled customers? If so, then we have been looking for you!
We view our Escalation Manager role as a critical customer champion within our team. Internally, we need someone to work with our Support Leadership, Product Management, and Development teams to ensure that our customer voice is heard. Externally, this role will work with key strategic customers and partner experts, to coordinate and drive the resolution of critical issues.
Transparency in line with our Values (Open Company, No BS) is key and is achieved by providing timely and accurate updates to customers and Atlassian leadership regarding active critical issues, as well as meaningful details on the status of the customer relationship with senior management.
Key functions of this opportunity include:
- Orchestrate Customer TeamworkMake a differenceCommunicate at the right level
- By leading communication efforts on high-impact customer issues and concerns. Prioritize, coordinate and spark follow-up actions within the Atlassian team. Demonstrate ownership through regular meeting cadence & communications with internal and customer contacts, managing customer expectations on status and timelines.
- By educating our organization by sharing customer feedback and trends. Promote collaboration across our Support, Product and Engineering teams to achieve real outcomes! Emphasize the priority and urgency of issues into the product teams for key fixes. Promote the right outcome through resolving our customer's critical situations via effective partnership within all facets of Atlassian and elsewhere as the need arises. Develop and maintain a prioritized Issue List and Action Plan to handle concerns and drive resolution across multiple teams, including executive engagement as required. Share insight and reporting on all blocking issues, evaluating escalation performance metrics. Educate and promote standard methodologies for demonstrating Enterprise Support with customers and Partners. Help shape and improve our support services and product capabilities.
- By owning the responsibility for messaging, follow-up, and outcomes to our biggest influencers within Atlassian. Assess & evaluate how critical a situation is, seek to understand business impacts of critical problems, and report back on the current status of those issues. Develop and communicate periodic reports on status of escalations and next steps.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Empathy for our customers demonstrated through years of strong communication skills development
- Understand when, how, and most importantly why, when setting expectations with our customers and team
- Kindness and integrity towards your peers, with a passion and proven history of learning and sharing knowledge
- Deep curiosity and commitment to seek out and resolve problems, share root cause analysis to our customers and Atlassians and strategize on preventing similar problems in the future
- 6+ years of experience in forward facing support, software services, and/or system administration roles where customer effort and satisfaction are a priority
- 3+ years managing Enterprise level escalations
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Deep familiarity with various technologies such as Microservices, Databases, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3), and the ability to work with observability data inside platforms such as Splunk & SignalFX
It's excellent, but not required, if you have:
- Experience working with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $120,700 - $185,200
Zone B: $108,600 - $166,700
Zone C: $100,200 - $153,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!