Strategic Engagement Manager, Specialist
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
The Atlassian Advisory Services team is a globally distributed team of Atlassian solutions advisors who are passionate about creating customer success. Advisory Services team members engage with enterprise organizations with some of the most complex business challenges and help them deliver a delightful solution to their users. We provide teams of trusted advisors helping orchestrate successful outcomes with customers to help them get the most out of their Atlassian investment and unlock their ideal solution for team collaboration. At Atlassian, you'll have an impact on millions of users, fast! We don't just want to know your opinions, we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
We're hiring a Strategic Engagement Manager, Specialist to own and orchestrate Atlassian services engagements with clients that have purchased Advisory Services from Atlassian. You will report to a manager in the Strategic Engagement Management part of the Advisory Services organization. Strategic Engagement Managers, Specialists (SEMs) are experienced relationship managers responsible for building a positive relationship with clients. They help orchestrate important activities that set new customers up for success as they build and deliver amazing value using Atlassian products.
You will help our strongest promoters showcase successes to their peers, and serve as the tip of the spear in growing the reach of our technologies for new use cases and markets. Atlassian Strategic Engagement Managers aim to help enterprise customers get the most of their Atlassian investment.
What you'll do
- Own the Atlassian Advisory Services relationship with some of our largest customers, helping the unlock the potential of their teams
- Manage client expectations, engagement health, and ensure successful completion of delivery work with the customer
- Orchestrate assigned Atlassian teammates for your client engagements
- Collaborate with Atlassian Enterprise Solution Strategists, Enterprise Technical Architects, and other internal and external Partner teams to support the client
- Co-create a long-term strategic engagement and adoption roadmap with the client to achieve their goals
- Reach into all parts of Atlassian to advocate for and facilitate a deeper level of engagement with our largest enterprise customers
- Help identify and promote opportunities for service and tool expansion within a client organization
- Spend up to 30% of your time traveling domestically, and in some cases internationally, for both internal and customer-facing events
- 5+ years of experience within SaaS companies
- 2+ years of Enterprise customer-facing roles
- Demonstrated customer engagement management ability including escalation management, customer advocacy, and managing multiple engagements simultaneously
- Customer discovery/interview skills
- Experience identifying and explaining themes from customer data
- Experience working on cross-team projects, engaging with Sales, Product, Support, and other teams
- Experience helping an organization adopt an Atlassian product or similar product
- Technical Project Management experience including planning, scheduling, monitoring, and stakeholder reporting
It's great if you have, but not required:
- Foundational technical skills and familiarity with Atlassian solutions
Zone A: $94,400 - $144,900
Zone B: $85,000 - $130,400
Zone C: $78,400 - $120,300
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!