Head of Strategy & Business Operations, Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Head of Strategy and Business Operations who will directly support the Engineering organization. You will be part of a Strategy & Business Operations (SBO) team that is passionate about delivering high stakeholder impact and hence embeds deeply with our product and engineering leaders across the org. In this role, you will partner directly with our Chief Technology Officer to set our strategy and chart our course on our exciting journey towards our cloud future.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Formulate and present critical strategy recommendations to Atlassian's executive team, including our CEOs, President, CTO, CFO and CRO
- Partner directly with Engineering leadership to help Atlassian achieve its revenue and profitability goals across a quickly expanding set of products and target customers
- Define business cases and implementation plans for Engineering strategies including (but not limited to) developer productivity, cost optimization, cross-functional engagement models, and other areas critical to the success of the Engineering team
- Define objectives and key results (OKRs) and monitor, measure, and assess how critical initiatives and investments are delivering results for the company
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team, including Product, Finance, Analytics, Marketing, Sales, and other teams
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years experience in high growth SW / tech industry or consulting - Engineering and/or Engineering Operations experience a strong plus; MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
- Strong business sense and experience with different GTM models (Product-led-growth a plus, but not required)
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with CxOs across various geographies and functions; proficient with business and technical discussions
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, derive key insights, diagnose business issues, and craft strategic projects
- Passion for learning and innovation - build new methodologies and techniques to tackle business problems and/or attain a higher level of leadership responsibilities across the team
More about our team:
- The Strategy & Business Operations team is a high-impact and visible team that works closely with leaders across the company. Atlassian is at a pivotal moment in our trajectory as a company, with potential to grow into a $10bn+ revenue software industry leader. We make decisions through our values, and take an agile, iterative, and open approach to each decision we make. We are passionate about our mission, to unleash the potential of any team, and the potential for positive impact realizing that mission can have for users and customers.
More about our benefits
- Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company-paid trip after five years and lots more.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $226,900-$348,000
Zone B: $204,300-$313,200
Zone C: $188,300 - $288,900
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!