Principal Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role is fully remote, but requires you to be located in a US timezone.
We're looking for a Principal Fullstack Software Engineer to join our team, passionately focused on delivering creative improvements for our engineering teams.
What you'll do:
- Regularly tackle the largest and most complex problems on the team, from technical design to launch
- Provide technical leadership on high-impact projects and determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Routinely tackle complex architecture challenges and apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Be a champion across the org for continually raising the technical bar and evangelizing a high technical standard
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge and share best engineering practices to improve engineering excellence
- Mentor and grow the next generation of technical leaders at Atlassian
- 10+ years experience in Full Stack experience, predominantly in Java-based backend development, complemented by exposure to nodejs and python
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Deep experience in systems engineering at scale with regard to testing, reliability, security, and observability
- Strong engineering fundamentals and a working understanding of cloud platforms
- Solid understanding of application performance and crafting low latency, high-speed http applications
- Experience designing and building platforms, micro services, and APIs
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers)
- Experience with collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Consider the customer impact when making technical decisions
- It is great if you have:
- Familiarity with A/B testing techniques
- Java Spring Boot backend development, coupled with an understanding of front-end frameworks like React, showcasing a drive to craft user-oriented features
- You’re well versed in modern software development practices (Agile, CICD)
- You bring technical foresight and strategic thinking
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $205,800 - $274,400
Zone B: $185,200 - $246,900
Zone C: $170,800- $227,700
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!