Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role is fully remote, but requires you to be located in a US timezone.
We're looking for a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our team, passionately focused on delivering creative improvements for our engineering teams.
What You'll Do:
- You will guide the technical direction and implementation of large-scale product features
- Evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance and customer impact to ensure we build the right solution
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering to influence product strategy and direction
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code while keeping our customers best interests in mind
- React to how our product is used in the wild, and help to fix bugs and production issues as they occur
- Contribute to code reviews, documentation, and complex bug fixes with security, performance and reliability in mind
- Mentor and level up the skills of your teammates by sharing your expertise
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a Full Stack Engineer
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Familiarity with server-side software development in software design, object-oriented programming. (preferred experience with Java, NodeJs)
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai)
- Familiarity with A/B testing
- Good understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Experience building and integrating REST APIs, GraphQL
- Experience with SQL and basic data and numerical analysis
- Ability to work with designers to develop dynamic user experiences
- Willingness to learn and be able to support the full engineering stack on a complex system
- Effectively mentor junior team members to help them unleash their full potential
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300
Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600
Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!