Principal Site Reliability Engineer - US
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for a reliability expert who is passionate about scaling Cloud services. You are someone who is aware of industry trends and who loves to share their knowledge. You excel at working with a diverse set of partners, communicate the business impact of a problem and can dive deep into the technical solution.
We'd love it if you brought an understanding of modern Cloud infrastructure, programming expertise, operational experience and a desire to change the status quo. We're looking for an engineer who can lead improve our services and processes to get us to an even higher level of reliability, performance, scalability, and cost efficiency. You'll advocate for reliability methodologies and will work with a variety of teams to both build reliability into our platform and drive adoption into our products. You will report to the SRE manager for the U.S. region.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expert-level proficiency in one or more prominent languages such as Java, Go or Python.
- 3+ years of experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects from creation to completion.
- Hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (EC2, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP or Azure)
- Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production
- Experience describing complex technical issues to all kinds of audiences, and experience developing and instilling a culture of operational excellence
It would be great, but not mandatory, if you had:
- Desire to mentor engineers.
- Expertise in datastores (e.g. RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, or analytics).
- At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
- Zone A: $187,500 - $287,500
- Zone B: $168,750 - $258,800
- Zone C: $155,625 - $238,700
- Within each range, base pay is determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
- Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!