Principal Frontend Engineer
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Principal Front End Software Engineer to join the Cloud Admin Experience team based in Mountain View (but you can be anywhere in an overlapping timezone). Specifically, we're hiring a software developer with a background in frontend development to design, build, evolve and maintain our web frontend systems and tools to deliver great experiences to our users.
Your future team
This team is focused on delivering smooth and delightful Atlassian admin experience that empowers admins to manage every aspect of their organization, improves their productivity, and helps reduce security and compliance risks. You will work closely with your design and product management counterparts to fill use case gaps, and improve on user experience. Be a part of a high-energy and dynamic team that delivers incredible, creative improvements to our products. Apart from writing the best code, you'll mentor and educate more junior teammates and work on large initiatives, that improve our code quality, and operations.
What you'll do:
- Plan, design, build, and implement scalable user interface systems that delight users
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and managers to understand user pain points and improve on great solutions
- Lead code reviews and documentation, and take on complex bug fixes
- Promote the success of projects, from the technical design, implementation, and launch to operation
- Onboard and mentor other engineersYour background
- Experience architecting and leading a variety of large-scale single-page web applications
- Experience promoting best practices in frontend architecture, performance, event-driven programming. You enjoy writing and sharing your expertise broadly
- Expert at front end operational excellence - you think reliability, performance, instrumentation and measurability first
- 10+ years of experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai)
- You strive to write code that lasts for years, not months.
- Experience mentoring more junior Engineers
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL, Redux
- Familiarity with common backend service languages such as Java, Go, NodeJS
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
(Zone A: $187,500 - $287,500)
(Zone B: $168,700 - $258,800)
(Zone C: $155,600 - $238,700)
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!