Lead Principal Software Engineer, Enterprise Trust
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello.. that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry, and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that provides their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to promote humanity.
About the Team:
- We’re transforming Atlassian to be pure cloud company and the customer trust is at the heart of that. The Enterprise Trust team champions the enterprise customers and injects capabilities into Atlassian products to address enterprise customers' concerns.
- Enterprise Trust team is ~400 engineers who build Atlassian Administrator, Atlassian Access and Beacon products along with many services for all of Atlassian in areas of data portability, regulated industry, messaging etc.
- In this role as a Lead Principal Architect, you will be working across the Enterprise Trust organization which serves the following mission-critical functions for the whole company:
- Atlassian Administrator: a common admin portal for all Atlassian products, and a platform for teams to contribute administration functions
- Atlassian Access: A product for administrators to secure their assets
- Data portability - a set of functions for moving data from one product instance to another, and to ensure data stays in a designated jurisdiction
- Unblocking enterprise customers: BYOK, policy-based control over data access, and support for regulated industries
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Strong technical expertise and 10+ years of experience in designing/building enterprise-grade solutions using microservices. Fluency in the current landscape (Java stack, Kotlin, Observability tools, and service operations).
- Passion for software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy etc)
- Passion and aptitude for recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Ability to get engineers to follow their lead as well as mentor/coach.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure
- In-depth knowledge of AWS offerings
It’s great to have:
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with regulated industry
- Experience in cloud security including end point security
- Previous experience having led teams thru arduous decomposition and architecture programs.
- Exposure to Kafka and ETL
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $253,500 - $388,700
Zone B: $228,100 - $349,900
Zone C: $210,400 - $322,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!