Lead Principal Software Engineer, Enterprise Trust Foundations
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the Pacific, Mountain, or Central timezones.
Your future team
Our Enterprise Trust Foundations team is comprised of people with backgrounds in Engineering, Product, Data Science, and Security. We promote our enterprise customers by injecting custom capabilities into Atlassian products to address concerns to help every team succeed.
We're hiring a Lead Principal Software Engineer reporting to the Head of Engineering for Enterprise Trust. You are a Software Engineer with a background in Computer Science and experience working for SasS companies. Here, you'll empower all Atlassians to build products implicitly trusted by large enterprises. This team drives important compliance programs, such as FedRAMP, HIPAA, and BYOK, and owns the common services that support these areas.
What you'll do
- Unblock enterprise customers
- Partner with senior engineering leadership and product teams to service important functions for all of Atlassian
- Achieve success for Enterprise Customers by improving and customizing Atlassian's product suite
- Identify blockers to ensure software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy)
- Manage BYOK (policy-based control over data access, and support for regulated industries)
- 10+ years of experience designing/building enterprise-grade solutions using microservices
- Background in Java, Kotlin, Observability tools, and service operations
- In-depth knowledge of AWS offerings
- Passion and experience with recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Success with cross-company collaboration
- Experience influencing and performance coaching engineers
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $279,600 - $372,800
Zone B: $251,600 - $335,500
Zone C: $232,100 - $309,400
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!