Lead Principal Engineer, Admin Experience
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry, and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that provides their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to promote humanity.
About the Team:
- We're transforming Atlassian to be a pure cloud company and the customer trust is at the heart of that. The Admin Experience team is part of our Enterprise Trust organization (~400 engineers) and together we champion the enterprise customers and inject capabilities into Atlassian products to address enterprise customers' concerns.
- Our Admin Experience organization is a team (~50 engineers and growing) focused on delivering a frictionless and delightful Atlassian admin experience that empowers admins to manage every aspect of their organization, improve their productivity, and help reduce security and compliance risks. Within this scope, the team's focus is on foundational admin-facing capabilities available across all editions. (Explore admin.atlassian.com)
- Platforms for specific use cases: Machine Learning & AI, Measurement & Experimentation, Metrics
- Dashboards and Insights (Reliability, Cost of Capacity, S&C, Developer Productivity scorecards)
- As an architect of a large organization, reporting into the Senior Manager of Engineering, you will provide strategic guidance to various DCI domain areas and driving improvements across all our pillars: Developer Velocity, Reliability & Performance, Efficiency, Data Operability & Enablement.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Collaborate across Enterprise Trust teams and product teams for driving consistency in experiences, and control features
- Define actionable vision for the next-gen administration experience
- Drive developer productivity and compliance activities
- Advocate for and guiding teams on engineering best practices and improving the craft
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Strong technical expertise and 15+ years of experience designing/building SaaS and platform solutions
- Passion for software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, fault tolerance practices, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy etc)
- Excellent intuition for building consistent and intuitive user experiences
- Experience with and experience with recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Excellent collaboration and communication
- Ability to mentor/coach engineers and follow your lead
- A desire to thrive in a large, fast paced environment
It's great, but not required if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS account management, networking, container orchestration, fault tolerance tools etc.
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Enterprise DNA
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $253,500 - $388,700
Zone B: $228,100 - $349,900
Zone C: $210,400 - $322,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!