Senior Software Performance Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Our Jira Align Performance Team is comprised of people with backgrounds in systems analysis, cloud stacks, and software programming. We optimize our software to improve customer experience and ensure closer to real-time results.
We're hiring a performance engineer, reporting to Senior Engineering Manager. You are a software developer or performance engineer with a background in Computer Science, Front end and API performance simulation, Systems Analysis, and Cloud Platforms.
Experience with software and system analysis, building hypotheses for performance optimization and just being quick? Get on board as an Atlassian Performance Engineer.
One thing we promise: You'll never be bored.
What you'll do
- Work with the software triads (engineering, product management, design) to create performance requirements
- Use production metrics, and a model-driven approach to analyzing the system under test
- Use statistical expertise to create a usage profile for the projects under development
- Build the simulation suite into the CI/CD pipeline which will also help improve monitoring and analysis in test environments, and improve solutions for production
- Evaluate the test outcomes to create hypotheses for optimization
- Work with the engineering teams to evaluate algorithms for complexity, and data access layers for optimization patterns
- Create data generation plans that correlate with the usage profile definition
- Partner with SRE to improve the cloud architecture by understanding the requirements, long-term scalability plans, and best practices for scalability and performance in modern cloud architectures.
- Collaborate with SRE and the full-stack team to reduce potential scalability issues in production with monitors and alerts
- Networking protocols and performance at every tier from client through back end servers
- Previous experience in performance modeling and hypothesis generation
- Software development in .Net and SQL
- Understanding of Linux and Windows systems
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure AWS, Azure
- Experience monitoring distributed systems application architecture with tools like Splunk/SignalFX
- Skills across different levels of the stack: Network, .Net/Java, Operating System, SQL
- Exposure to and maintenance of performance testing tools
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
(Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300)
(Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600)
(Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300)
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!