Lead Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello.. that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry, and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that provides their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to promote humanity.
About the Team:
- Atlassian’s Cloud Infrastructure lifts the security, reliability and productivity of every developer shipping code for Atlassian cloud. The core of our team is PaaS, shared services, and SRE.
- The Cloud Infrastructure team succeeds by lifting up other Atlassian developers. You’ll be working with people across the engineering org to understand their goals and how Infrastructure can help them achieve those goals better and faster.
- We want people who can dive deep. We love people who are hands-on and develop real experience building, operating, and improving our systems.
- We want people who can think big. We have a great PaaS, we have great shared services, and we have a mature SRE model. Help us dream up the next step of change to lift security, reliability and performance for our customers, and unleash the potential of Atlassian developers.
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect You to Have:
- Strong technical expertise and 10+ years experience in designing/building enterprise-grade solutions using microservices. Fluency in the current landscape (Java stack, Kotlin, Observability tools, and service operations).
- Passion for understanding teams' pain points increasing dev productivity
- Passion and aptitude for recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and opportunities across organizations
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure
- Experience in designing and building scalable infrastructure platforms used by hundreds of service owners
- A desire to influence the company’s technical direction - driving service architecture across multiple departments, each of which has hundreds of developers
It’s great to have:
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with public cloud (we’re on AWS, but we also believe skills with other cloud providers are transferrable)
- Experience with compute technologies including containerized and serverless architectures
- Experience with cloud data and storage technologies
- Experience in cloud security and reliability
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $253,500 - $388,700
Zone B: $228,100 - $349,900
Zone C: $210,400 - $322,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!