Senior Engineering Manager, Compass
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Compass is a developer experience platform that brings your distributed software architecture and the teams collaborating on them together in a single, unified place. We're hiring an Engineering Manager, reporting to the Head of Engineering for Compass. This is an exciting opportunity to have a huge impact on one of Atlassian’s brand new products as we scale and grow our business.
This role is right for you if you are someone who enjoys growing your team and working on new products. Your team will work on important parts of the Compass Catalog, the core of the product that keeps track of the output of engineering teams (services, libraries, applications, and more) and delivers key experiences around that data, such as search. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
What you'll do
- Work with other teams in Compass and teams across Atlassian to build, support, and operate high-quality software.
- Lead a team of software engineers through hiring, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- Partner with leadership and cross-functional counterparts to strategize, evolve a roadmap and provide high quality solutions
- You’ll talk to customers, both internally in Atlassian, and externally, to understand their needs, get feedback about the product, and develop solutions to complex problems.
- 5+ years of Engineering Management with experience in
- SaaS solutions on Cloud providers such as AWS
- Distributed systems
- Experience developing a healthy and a high performant team
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with stakeholders and teams across different geo-locations
- Experience breaking down high-level requirements into deliverable features and understanding the edge-cases
- Understanding of large-scale systems design and ability to predict performance and scale challenges
- Experience working on projects and features that spawn multiple microservices
- Experience building and delivering new products
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $187,500 - $287,500
Zone B: $168,700 - $258,800
Zone C: $155,600 - $238,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!