Lead People Data Scientist
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is hiring a data scientist to join our newly formed People Insights team, a cross-disciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, behavioral scientists, researchers and business partners, who use data and research to inform strategic and operational issues facing our leaders, teams, and people. You will drive a product-driven, iterative approach to creating, testing, and automating insights about Atlassian's people and teams.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with behavioral scientists, business partners and others to understand the people insights needed to drive decision-making at Atlassian, and design products and insights in a way that motivates and inspires action.
- Conduct rigorous analyses to uncover data-driven people insights, and then test and iterate to understand feasibility and interest before scaling.
- Help scale compelling insights from people data by building automated internal processes and/or products.
- Learn from and collaborate with other Data Scientists, and mentor others on the team
- Expert knowledge of advanced statistical methods (e.g., could include: regression, cluster analysis, HLM, social network analysis, text analysis, longitudinal methods, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience working with people data (e.g., survey data, HR data, psychological study data, human behavior data) in an applied setting
- Ability to translate data into compelling and easy-to-understand insights, stories, and narratives that resonate with a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of experimental methods
- Advanced Python or R skills
- Proficiency in reading and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Git is a plus
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $186,300 - $285,800
Zone B: $167,700 - $257,200
Zone C: $154,600 - $237,200
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!