Global Account Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is changing the software development industry and helping teams all around the world like [for the US] Nasa, Nike, Pixar and Tesla [for EMEA] Vodafone, Daimler, and Klarna [for APAC] ANZ and Canva to advance humanity through the power of software and collaboration. We have over 250,000 customers worldwide, and our Global Account team is working with our largest and most strategic customers scale their investments in Atlassian.
As a Global Account Manager you are responsible for deeply understanding your customers and how they are leveraging Atlassian's suite of products. You will be nurturing and growing existing relationships and working diligently to build new ones. Through strategic account planning, client management, and consistent demonstration of value creation, you will drive the execution of our profound goals.
At the same time, you will be the customer account lead, setting direction and guiding orchestration for all of our support and cross functional teams who engage with our customers on their journey with Atlassian, such as Channel Partners, Solutions Engineers, and more. You will be a critical liaison between our executives in product and engineering and our customers to help guide direction of future roadmap and constantly improve our customer experience.
Are you customer-obsessed and creative? Can you effectively organize resources to meet the needs of our customers? Do you love the Enterprise Sales process and can you help us apply your knowledge to the Atlassian sales model? We'd love you on our team!
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement named Account or Territory plans geared at both maximizing expansion opportunities across a wide portfolio of products and ensuring high bar of customer success
- Work with team members in the Channel sales organization to build sales strategies for designated territory or named Accounts
- Be the main Atlassian point of contact or escalation point for designated strategic Accounts
- 10+ years of quota-carrying Enterprise Software Sales Experience
- Experience driving transformation deals in large global accounts with multi-million dollar spend thresholds
- Experience engaging and building C-level and other executive relationships
- Experience navigating complex procurement processes with multiple stakeholders and complex purchasing needs
- Proficient in leading and guiding a highly matrixed support team across geographies, getting cross functional teams aligned and marching toward the same goals
- Customer-centric mindset
- A pupil to knowledge in a multicultural business context
- You have a do-it-right mentality
- Excited to engage and influence your team, driving strength, passion, and excitement to your colleagues
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $172,800 - $265,000
Zone B: $155,500 - $238,500
Zone C: $143,400 - $220,000
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!