Senior Engineering Manager, Trust Common Services
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together, you will be fully remote, but the role requires you to be in the USA pacific/mountain time.
Your future team
Our Enterprise Trust team has a mission to support large enterprises to trust Atlassian because of the common foundation services that make it easy and affordable for Atlassian teams to use the capabilities to satisfy the enterprise customer's compliance requirements to support our Enterprise Trust vision. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager that sits inside the Enterprise Trust organization. The Enterprise team helps our largest and most complex customers adopt Atlassian by building the Enterprise-grade platform which underpins all of Atlassian's products and ecosystem apps.
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll be a technical leader and people manager working across the ~20 member development team building and unblocking enterprise customers by providing common services that are geared towards migrations, email, mobile messaging and compliance needs.. You will manage a group of engineers at varying job levels, from new college grads to senior engineers to architects. You will be responsible for their daily work and mentoring them as they grow in their careers.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with partners to get clarity on priorities, scheduling and scope of work
- Identify blockers, goals, success metrics ensuring awareness, OKR/roadmap awareness, and expectations
- Manage projects, process, partners and timelines
- Own the delivery of critical projects in a microservices environment
- Yearly/quarterly/sprint planning, and other Agile rituals
- Build an open, trusting, operationally mature culture
- Participate in hiring planning and other budgeting exercises
- Collaborate in technical/architectural discussions, provide direction, and drive decision-making
- 10+ years of experience with building large-scale and modern web software at a similar sized SaaS company
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineers
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple teams
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Demonstrated experience implementing dev-ops best practices and producing measurable results
- Drive clarity from single-line requirements and providing direction in ambiguous environments
- Passionate about mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $187,500 - $287,500
Zone B: $168,700 - $258,800
Zone C: $155,600 - $238,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!