Senior Principal Enterprise Architect - Cloud Security
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
In this role as a Principal Enterprise Architect, you will report to the Senior Engineering Manager and work across the Cloud Security organization in partnership with peers from Admin Experience, Trusted Foundation, Data Portability & Encryption and BYOK organizations.
Cloud Security Engineering is focussed on helping customers configure the appropriate security policies for the Atlassian product suite at an organization level. The overarching goal is to increase customer’s trust in Atlassian.
Within this scope the team’s focus includes
Platforms for specific use cases: Machine Learning & AI, Measurement & Experimentation, Metrics
Dashboards and Insights (Reliability, Cost of Capacity, S&C, Developer Productivity scorecards)
As an architect of a large organization, you will provide strategic guidance to multiple DCI domain areas and driving improvements across all our pillars: Developer Velocity, Reliability & Performance, Efficiency, Data Operability & Enablement.
In this role, you'll be responsible for
- Creating a vision for expanding the scope of the security offerings / Create proof of concepts for the next generation offerings
- Collaborate across enterprise trust teams and product teams for driving product adoption of Atlassian Access
- Driving developer productivity and compliance activities
- Advocate for and guide teams on engineering best practices and improving the craft
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Strong technical expertise and 15+ years of experience in designing/building SaaS and platform solutions for Enterprises
- 10+ years of experience in security architecture and design
- Experience with security principles and best practices
- Experience in influencing teams to adopt proposals that move organizations in the right direction
- Experience building consistent and intuitive user experiences
- Passion for software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, fault tolerance practices, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy etc)
- Passion for and experience with recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Excellent collaboration
- Ability to get engineers to follow their lead as well as mentor/coach
- A desire to thrive in a large, fast paced environment
It's great, but not required if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS account management, networking, container orchestration, fault tolerance tools etc is super useful for this role but not necessary
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $253,500 - $388,700
Zone B: $228,100 - $349,900
Zone C: $210,400 - $322,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!