Head of Sales Systems & Operations
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Head of Sales Systems & Operations is an important leadership role in our Sales Strategy & Operations organization. You will work with leaders and stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams across Atlassian to understand business needs, drive prioritization and help implement projects/programs. This role is accountable for end-to-end project lifecycle support, from requirements gathering through to post-release support, and everything in between. Your team plays an important role in developing and ensuring the successful delivery of our Sales project portfolio, but also runs the day-to-day operations for sales systems - triaging field sales issues and questions, and generally keeping the lights on for our sales teams.
Atlassian is a dynamic, fast-changing, high-growth environment, and our Sales Systems & Operations team plays a critical role in supporting that growth. We are looking for an equally dynamic leader to report to our Head of Sales Processes and Productivity and help lead the team and support the continued evolution of our enterprise sales model.
What you'll do
- Work with business stakeholders and leadership in Sales to understand business objectives, needs and priorities, and develop and maintain a roadmap of projects and programs aligned to these goals.
- Support end-to-end project/program management for CRM and related sales-systems initiatives. As a hands-on leader, you will drive the prioritization of initiatives to realize the best returns and manage a team of business analysts and product owners who will support or execute every prioritized project. You will ensure the business value of every project is quantified and that measurable success metrics have been defined. You will drive clarity of requirements and will ask lots of “why” questions to validate business impact of what gets implemented and to ensure that the solution will stand the test of time.
- You will partner closely with our technology teams to design best-in-class solutions, and will have ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of projects in our portfolio, including change management and enablement activities for our field teams.
- You will work closely with our different selling teams to identify ways to drive improvements into their work flows and optimize the experience to their unique seller objects
- You will partner with Marketing and Product Management to design and iterate on go-to-market strategy and tactics to support ABM motions in our strategic accounts.
- You will provide support to the Customer Success organization and our sales overlay teams for systems improvement projects, and refinement of the engagement model with our sales teams.
- You will support the NPI (new product introduction) process, including M&A projects, to ensure successful operationalization of new offers across lead-to-cash and support processes.
- In addition to project support, you will also be responsible for the general “care and feeding” and “keep the lights on” support of sales systems, including basic data governance, permissions/security administration, user administration and business user support.
- You will be a trusted advisor to the business - helping guide our sales organization to best-in-class sales practices.
- 12+ years in leadership roles in Sales/Business Operations or similar consulting roles, ideally within a high-growth technology company, with experience leading enterprise-level projects.
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience managing a Salesforce environment/team in a B2B, high-tech domain. SaaS software sales experience is expected.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a people manager role leading and motivating a team.
- Experience rolling out significant programs within a sales or quote-to-cash organization, from project justification (ROI) to requirements gathering, solution design, cross-functional execution to launch and change management.
- Expertise in Sales, Service and Marketing Clouds, and an expert-level understanding of modern GTM technologies supporting the entire customer lifecycle.
- Experience with high-velocity sales models and more traditional high-touch enterprise sales motions.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills to drive senior stakeholders to agreement on prioritization.
- Excellent business acumen. You’ve been around the block and have developed such a thorough understanding of B2B sales that you’re ready to design your own CRM. In-depth experience with channels and/or inside sales a big plus.
- You have a knack for solution design, embrace complexity and can distill complex concepts into simple terms for our business counterparts.
- You understand the tools, techniques and processes required to use data to drive decision-making, communicate, guide and influence seller experiences in meaningful ways.
- You have an extreme sense of ownership and accountability for your work and your team. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute relentlessly and drive projects to conclusion.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!