Senior Manager, Compensation Delivery
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As the Senior Manager, Compensation Delivery, you will report to the Director of Compensation Design & Delivery. You will be responsible for leading Atlassian’s Compensation Delivery & Technology function which includes management of our compensation planning cycles, the annual bonus payout, and the exquisite delivery of other compensation programs such as internal and external offers, compensation policies, Team Anywhere, etc. You will also manage the compensation technology strategy and partnership with our People Technology and People Operations teams. You will also collaborate with a team of global compensation team members, and People Team centers of excellence.
Success in this position requires strong analytical skills with the ability to step back and think big. You will help us to ensure forward-thinking systems and tools are supporting our fast-growing constantly evolving organization. You take employee feedback seriously and collect it often to continually improve and enhance our programs. Combining data and feedback from Atlassians with the latest industry research, you will make large-scale, data-driven decisions that will have a huge impact.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Compensation professionals
- Lead various compensation work streams including salary planning, the annual bonus process, and other compensation program delivery projects.
- Responsible for project management of compensation programs, policies and processes. Be an internal authority regarding compensation strategy, programs and processes for the company
- Collaborate with People Technology resources on tool & systems strategy, improvements and enhancements
- Identify processes and programs or capabilities that could benefit from automation or re-engineering
- Remain current on global compensation technical solutions and introduce solutions to improve internal programs
- Ensure appropriate governance and adherence to Atlassian’s compensation philosophy, policies and global labor law requirements.
- Assist in the development and distribution of communication materials that improve the understanding and value of compensation programs
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years of compensation experience
- In-depth experience leading a global focal compensation planning cycle
- Strong experience building technology strategy, designing technology solutions, and working with People Technology to deploy solutions.
- Experience leading global projects in a compensation team
- Analytical capabilities, experience with big data and interfacing between HRIS applications, solid financial and compensation modeling skills and ability to communicate with business partners to resolve highly complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, design and recommend market competitive programs aligned to business strategy.
- Work regularly and comfortably with high-level individual contributors and leaders across multiple functions. Track record of influencing at the senior leadership level.
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology and business process implications.
- Ability to perform complex functions in Excel
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!