Senior Program Manager, Enterprise Trust
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will boost the effectiveness of our teams by leading technical programs, advocating for successful delivery and operationalizing the product development processes to make our delivery hum with efficiency.
R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and deliver complex programs. Like air traffic controllers they guide the safe, orderly, and swift flow of programs at Atlassian.
The ideal program manager is someone who is dynamic, champions delivery excellence, thrives in creating order, and understands the importance of the teamwork. Alongside leaders and colleagues in the Program Management team, you will develop practices, plays, and Agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams.
About the Team:
- We're transforming Atlassian to be a pure cloud company with customer trust at its heart. The Enterprise Trust team injects capabilities into Atlassian products to address enterprise customers' concerns.
- Enterprise Trust builds products and services for all of Atlassian in data portability, regulated industry, and messaging. You will focus on programs related to:
- Atlassian Administrator: a common admin portal for all Atlassian products, and a platform for teams to contribute administration functions
- Atlassian Access: a product for administrators to secure their assets
- Lead programs across Enterprise Trust, to influence the success of our cloud transformation.
- Communicate across teams, functions and programs - ensuring broad understanding of status, risks, dependencies, and insights.
- Ensure the teams you work with are setting the right goals and implementing those goals following standardized reporting methods.
- Negotiate across many teams to broker commitments and program roadmaps, driving a high degree of predictability, re-baselining based on new information and managing complex dependencies.
- Surface program risks early while ensuring clear understanding and implementing resolution/mitigation plans.
- Work directly with design, engineering, and product leaders on technically complex programs of work to develop strategic roadmaps and define milestones.
- You are an expert in collaborating with software teams and can coach change across teams
- You prioritize, ask the right questions and make tough decisions
- You know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating success as a Program Manager with globally distributed teams.
- Experience setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- Experience balancing between long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- Experience directly with craft leaders on technically complex programs of work, promoting a shared understanding between technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies to draw upon best practices, patterns, frameworks
- Creative responses to change
- Successful history of delighting customers
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $172,500 - $264,500
Zone B: $155,200 - $238,100
Zone C: $143,100 - $219,600
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!