Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Legal Manager, Enterprise Sales
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic attorney and people manager to join our growing Commercial Legal Team. You will take on a new role, leading a growing team that partners with Atlassian's Enterprise Sales team and business to collaboratively accelerate our customers' journey to the cloud. In line with our TEAM Anywhere policy, we are open to hiring the right candidate anywhere in the United States or Canada.
In this role, you'll get to
- Manage and build a growing team of individuals supporting Atlassian's Enterprise Sales and Go-To-Market teams on strategic customer engagements.
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues. We're not looking for academic analysis!
- Negotiate cloud subscription agreements for Atlassian's products and services with sophisticated enterprise customers.
- Develop support materials and provide trainings to educate our Enterprise Sales teams on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including projects designed to expand the market for Atlassian's cloud products.
More about you
- You have managed a team and are focused on supporting the growth and needs of employees who report to you.
- You are a player-coach – you are capable of rolling your sleeves up to get work done (e.g., leading key customer negotiations), while also developing talent in our team (e.g., supporting your team through tricky customer escalations or unblocking critical projects for them).
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs.
- You enjoy getting deals done, while managing customer risk.
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe.
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends.
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations.
- You effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- Qualification to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- Strong experience as a technology transaction lawyer and frontline contract negotiator.
- Management experience in an in-house legal team.
- Experience driving balanced solutions that scale, advance Atlassian's business, and meet customer needs
- Strong familiarity with common issues that arise in commercial negotiations, including data protection, IP, security and revenue recognition topics
- Passion for understanding our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $178,500 - $273,700
Zone B: $160,600 - $246,400
Zone C: $148,100 - $227,200
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.