Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for a reliability expert who is passionate about scaling Cloud services to join our growing SRE teams. An ideal candidate is someone who is aware of current industry trends (particularly those related to reliability) and who thrives on working with a diverse set of partners, who can articulate the business impact of a problem and can also dive deep into the technical solution.
Your future team
We'd love for you to bring a deep understanding of modern Cloud Infrastructure, operational best practices, and experience in architecting highly reliable systems that operate at massive scale. We're looking for an engineer who can drive change across our services and processes to get us to an even higher level of reliability, performance, scalability, and cost efficiency. You'll achieve this by crossing team and functional boundaries to advocate for reliability methodologies and will work with a variety of platform, product and SRE teams to both build reliability into our platform and drive adoption of those practices into our products. In other words, you'll be the driving force for change! You will report directly to the Head of SRE. This is a remote-friendly opportunity.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expert-level proficiency with 8+ years experience in one or more prominent languages such as Java, Go or Python.
- Expert-level proficiency with 5+ years experience in public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, RDS / Aurora, Caches, SQS - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP / Azure).
- Expert-level proficiency with 5+ years experience in designing and operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients).
- Experience in driving large, complex, cross-organizational initiatives from inception to completion.
- A desire to influence the company's technical direction - driving service architecture across multiple departments, each of which has hundreds of developers
- An ability and desire to mentor and coach engineers.
It would be great, but not mandatory if you had:
- Expertise in datastores (RDBMS, time-series-database, NoSql, search, analytics).
- Expertise in JVM, Garbage Collection, and Performance Tuning.
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $234,100 - $312,100
Zone B: $210,700 - $280,900
Zone C: $194,300 - $259,000
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.