Senior Software Engineer, CSS
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a passionate Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing Data Science and Analytics team within Customer Support Services, to be based on the West Coast (Pacific Time Zone). You'll report into Sr Manager of Data Science, working along Data Scientists and Software Engineers. You'll manage the develop and maintenance of tools that allow our Support Engineers and related teams to be more efficient at helping our customers. You will partner with Data Scientists and business experts to build a better customer experience through intelligent self-help, auto-classification, and smart automations.
You are a fit for the role if you believe that smart systems & automations can accelerate the capability and effectiveness of every team, and that people should only perform those tasks which have more value in the manual process. You will use your understanding and skill in modern software design and architectural principles to build the next generation of our internal tooling and products.
What you'll do
- You are going to apply your technical experience creating, testing, and maintaining scalable services that process large volumes of data
- You will collaborate with business teams to evolve solutions as business processes and requirements change
- You will work on tasks ranging from creating proofs-of-concept to production-grade applications
- You will build tools and systems with an Agile approach to delivering value
- You will work with data science and data engineering teams to create solutions that adapt to change
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- More than 5 years' experience as a Full-stack developer
- Experience with software monitoring techniques/tools, continuous delivery and deployment strategies
- Advanced SQL ability with good practices for data validation of complex queries and ETL
- Experience with collaboration in remote world
- An understanding of privacy around user data
- A willingness to accept failure, learn and try again
We would love if you have:
- Worked with containers (i.e. Docker, Docker-compose)
- Worked with large distributed databases (HDFS, S3, Databricks, Athena, etc)
- Familiarity with machine learning approaches and applications to common business problems
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $205,800 - $274,400
Zone B: $185,200 - $246,900
Zone C: $170,800 - $227,700
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!