Head of Marketing Program Management
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Head of Marketing Program Management is a strategic leadership position responsible for overseeing and driving the execution of marketing programs and campaigns within the organization. This role requires a strong blend of marketing expertise, project management skills, and team leadership abilities. The Head of Marketing Program Management plays a critical role in ensuring the successful delivery of marketing initiatives that align with the organization's goals, drive brand and product awareness, and contribute to revenue growth.
At Atlassian, we’re on a mission to unleash the potential in every team, and that includes our own. That’s where you come in! As the Head of Program Management on our Marketing Strategy & Program Management, you’ll work to boost the cohesion, focus, speed, and general efficiency of the marketing team. You will play an integral part in how we bring our products to market, engage our users, and build our brand. You’ll be charged with aligning the efforts of a diverse cast, connecting the dots across teams, and adapting to changing circumstances as you anticipate what’s next. You will be an excellent partner in understanding your team’s challenges, strengths, and motivations, and you’ll help channel that at both the strategic and operational levels. In this role, you’ll get to:
- Scale: Build, with scale in mind, how the Marketing org operates and ships from strategy to execution while being efficient, organized, and solution-oriented. Identify and find efficiencies in how the cross-functional teams operate and prioritize.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing program management strategy aligned with the organization's marketing objectives, company priorities, and target audience. Collaborate with senior management to define OKRs and establish measurable goals as well clear Marketing priorities.
- Team Leadership: Lead a high-performing marketing program management team, providing mentorship, guidance, and support. Foster a collaborative and results-oriented work environment, encouraging innovation and professional growth.
- Program Management: Lead the planning, coordination, and execution of marketing programs, campaigns, and initiatives across various channels such as digital, events, in product, email, and the website. Ensure projects are delivered on time, meets goals and high-quality standards.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams including product marketing, creative, content, and marketing operations to develop integrated marketing campaigns that deliver a consistent message and drive customer engagement.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with internal stakeholders, executives, and teams outside of the Marketing org (Sales and R&D) for alignment and prioritization to move work forward.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience managing a team for 7+ years
- Enthusiasm and experience working with cross-functional teams to build efficiencies and new processes
- Experience running cross-functional programs and projects.
- Experience creating operational sense out of complicated processes.
- Experience in dynamic, evolving environments, and the ability to both respond to as well as motivate change.
- Core strengths around written and verbal communication, infectious positive energy, resilience, and high flexibility, and a sense of urgency with strategy and a clear vision.
- Ability to work across multiple teams and projects simultaneously, while maintaining calm under pressure.
- Experience working as a member of distributed teams, product and engineering teams, creative teams, or marketing teams.
- Experience working with or administering project management, workflow, and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Trello, Slack, etc. (not required but nice to have)
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $198,400 - $264,500
Zone B: $178,600 - $238,100
Zone C: $164,700 - $219,600
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!