Senior Compensation & Benefits FP&A Business Partner, G&A
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As the Senior Compensation and Benefits Business Partner you will own our global headcount, compensation and benefits forecast. You will work with multiple partners across the business including HR Partners, the Benefits team and our recruiting team to provide headcount analysis and support compensation program management and a predictable headcount and benefits forecast for the business. You will report to our Head of FP&A Corporate Operations while being fully remote role, with a PST/MST timezone preference.
More about you
We are looking for a dynamic finance leader to help shape the vision of one of the fastest-growing companies in the market. With a passion to understand the bigger picture, you also enjoy diving into intricate analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business and drive outcomes.
You can use your knowledge of both detail and big themes and work with Executives and Board members, driving insight and action.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the headcount and benefits financial models in Anaplan to forecast ( quarterly, annual and long-range) headcount and employment expenses
- Partner closely with talent acquisition and people teams to develop hiring and attrition assumptions
- Assess and reflect current quarter performance through the monthly outlook process and work closely with Corporate FP&A to provide commentary for senior leadership
- Analyze our financial data and use business knowledge and compensation expertise to perform root cause analysis and determine creative solutions
- Partner and collaborate with other HR Centers of Excellence to drive solutions that support Business Strategy
- Work closely with data + analytics and TA teams to identify, flag and rectify any data inconsistencies in our systems
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex situations and understand the possible effects of different business approaches.
- Ability to explain financial data to non-finance leaders
- Can manage competing responsibilities and deadlines promptly
- 5+ years of experience in finance
- Prior experience in owning and modeling headcount and compensation forecasts
- Workday & Anaplan experience
- Proficiency with financial modeling (Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Power BI, QuickSight, Tableau, etc)
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $162,500 - $216,600
Zone B: $146,200 - $194,900
Zone C: $134,800- $179,800
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!