Senior Engineering Manager, Jira Align
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the North American Timezones.
Your future team
Our Jira Align Data Engineering team is comprised of people with backgrounds in data ingestion, enterprise reports, data architecture, and Agile processes. We process Jira issues (and more) to deliver value stream analysis, portfolio and program status and much more for the largest enterprise software programs in the world.
We're hiring a Senior Engineering Manager, reporting to engineering leadership for our product. You are an accomplished development engineering manager with a background in Computer Science and public cloud enabled data management. Here, you'll manage an engineering team of 8-10 individual contributors who build, test and manage the SaaS services for the product.
What you'll do
- 8+ years of experience leading and growing an engineering team
- Partner with product management, design and your engineering management peers to operate existing SaaS, and add new functionality to the Jira Align product
- Achieve success for our dynamic and static reporting solutions by improving data quality, performance and usability
- Operate the services within our committed SLO
- Manage initiatives across 2 or more scrum teams to support new features and continuously improve existing software and our proceses
- 5+ years managing software teams who have delivered software projects for customer purchase
- Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Background in data ingestion with public cloud stack
- Experience in AWS and Azure data solutions
- Success with 24x7 operational management of data-focused solution
- Experience with software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum with remote and distributed teams
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $205,800 - $274,400
Zone B: $185,200 - $246,900
Zone C: $170,800 - $227,700
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!