Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Director of Federal Sales
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of every team and we are making significant investments into our public sector vertical. We partner with agencies like NASA, Department of Veterans Affairs, Air Force, many State and Local Governments and some of the largest Federal Systems Integrators to advance humanity through the power of software and collaboration. We have over 250,000 customers worldwide, and our Public Sector team is working with our largest and most strategic customers in government and education to scale their investments in Atlassian.
As the Director of Federal Sales you will be responsible for our growth targets in the federal government vertical. You will help build and evolve our GTM motion specific to Federal and work closely with our channel team to define best in class engagement throughout the entire customer journey. You will partner with internal stakeholders in product and engineering to help shape the future roadmap for our federal government customers. You will also build and nurture deep relationships with our solutions partners that will enable us to continuously learn the needs of our customers and expand our partnerships. As the leader of the vertical, it is important to help build our brand in the market by attending and key noting trade shows, events, and customer roundtables. You'll report directly into our Head of Public Sector Sales.
- 10+ years experience of software sales experience, focusing on strategic account management
- 7+ years of selling in to the Federal Government, AND 3+ years in a leadership role
- Strong relationships with government agencies, Solutions Partners, and Resellers
- Deep knowledge of government contracts and procurement vehicles
- Experience with achieving success in a customer-first SaaS organizations
- You excel when engaging directly with federal government customers with a consultative, relationship-oriented approach
- Experience using CRM, Pipeline Management, and Analytic tools
- Motivated and inspired to coach and mentor selling professionals
- You are someone who wants to challenge the traditional Sales Model and improve sales processes.
- You love working cross-departmentally, taking initiative to get sh*t done, trying new things and willing to be an advocate and voice for the federal government business
It Would Be Ideal If You Also Have:
- Experience selling in to both Civilian and DoD markets
- Experience transitioning customers from traditional “on premise” deployment models to cloud first
- An entrepreneurial spirit, combined with experience navigating the cross-departmental ecosystem of a larger, matrixed organization
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $196,100 - $261,400
Zone B: $176,500 - $235,300
Zone C: $162,700 - $217,000
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.