Senior Product Marketing Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Work Management is one of three market focal points for Atlassian, alongside DevOps and IT Service Management. Our Work Management Product Marketing group is hiring across teams including Confluence (in-bound and out bound) and Work Management Platform.
We are looking for Senior Product Marketing Managers to develop positioning, influence roadmap, and showcase innovation to the market. As a Sr. PMM, you will help our product team "build what sells" and collaborate with our go-to-market team to "sell what we build." This includes contributing to market pulses that influence product roadmap, analyzing competitors, and driving launches for main product announcements. Additionally, Atlassian's market-leading presence on ways of working for globally distributed teams provides a unique canvas to engage customers with the product. You'll be an important part of the team to help maximize the opportunity in front of us and deliver big results.
- Accomplishing our goals around customer growth, expansion, monetization, and retention
- Develop world-class positioning and messaging influenced by market trends, customer feedback, and competitive differentiation
- Execute big moments (launches) in the market featuring product and ways-of-working innovation to captivate and capture the attention of the market
- Create strong partnerships with an amazing group of cross-functional partners across marketing, product, sales, and channel
- Help build sales/channel GTM readiness around key plays associated with major themes Atlassian will focus on during the fiscal year
What you'll do:
- Position main features and capabilities to succeed in the market, standout from competitors, and achieve OKRs
- Collaborate with partners to improve sales and channel led buyer journey
- Establish a market voice through a operating rhythm of customer, market, and competitor analysis points and influence the product roadmap
- Develop world-class positioning influenced by market trends, customer feedback, and competitive differentiation
- Partner with demand gen and customer lifecycle teams to improve the digital buyer journey through the self-serve product-led-growth motion
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing (subset of time in product management OK)
- Experience positioning new categories
- Never-ending market and product curiosity
- Proficiency in presenting and story-telling
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Business-related field, MBA
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $150,700 - $200,900
Zone B: $135,600 - $180,800
Zone C: $125,100- $166,700
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!