Principal Program Manager - Legal Technology & Data Analytics
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you have a passion for legal technology solutions? Do you want to help build foundational, technical capabilities in the legal team and influence legal operations strategy? Are you ready to help set the bar for a world-class legal operations team?
The Atlassian Legal Operations team is looking for a Principal Program Manager - Legal Technology & Data Analytics to take on responsibilities for leading and executing technology programs across the global legal team. Working in a dynamic environment, we're looking for teammates who perform hands-on execution, and who have demonstrated experience solving issues with technology and automation at scale. We're focused on building solid foundations for growth with a grounding in operational excellence. You will report to the Head of Global Legal Operations.
This is a great opportunity to join a new legal ops team focused on solving for operational, technical and process efficiencies!
More about you:
- We are looking for an experienced legal technology lead to help shape and propel the legal team's technology initiatives. With a passion to understand the bigger picture and, you also enjoy diving into data and analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business at hand and deliver results. You excel in a fast pace environment, look to solve challenging problems, and are motivated to implement new ways of working.
- You are passionate about building relationships within the legal team and across other areas of the organization. You operate with a learning mindset and aren't hesitant to ask questions or seek input from others. You establish credibility through your technical knowledge of legal tooling and systems, your attention to detail, and ability to identify themes and insights. You communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the Head of Global Legal Operations to refine the legal technology roadmap and lead technology efforts to meet our objectives
- Serve as the subject matter expert on a broad range of legal tech tooling and guide teams on gleaning data insights and impactful metrics from the relevant systems
- Partner with the individual legal functions to understand their tech tooling needs, develop plans for action, and execute on deliverables
- Develop even more in-depth knowledge of Atlassian products and serve as the subject matter expert for ways to apply them across the legal team
- Develop strong working relationships with Enterprise Technology and Workplace Technology functions, GTM Technology and Sales Ops
- Administer hands-on support of systems like Ironclad (CLMS) and leverage in-depth knowledge of eBilling, IP management, litigation management and other legal fundamental tech tools
- Serve as system owner for all applications owned by Legal Ops (e.g., eBilling)
- Lead the testing, training, and adoption of technology solutions
- You offer legal technical expertise to the teams you support
- You understand the need for data for informing decisions and have expertise in using technology to meet these needs
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with partners and teammates, looking for a path forward that balances prioritization, cost, scalability and our needs in a respectful and creative way
- You listen and communicate with teams and partners to help them understand and develop trust in legal operations
- You influence the entire team with the work you do
- Experience building on deliverables and are accomplished at bringing others with you on "the journey"
- You have a understanding of industry-standard legal software and keep informed of legal technology industry trends
- You can navigate a decentralized and complex global organization
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of legal tech management experience, public company experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Jira Work Management/Jira Service Management/Confluence
- Practical experience with legal technology and experience in implementations of Ironclad CLMS and eBilling tooling (other tech tools like eDiscovery, IP management)
- Experience working with technical teams
- Passion to understand our products, teams, and ways of working
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $144,000 - $201,600
Zone B: $129,600 - $181,440
Zone C: $119,500 - $167,328
Within each range, base pay is determined based on your depth of experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!