Contracts Manager - Enterprise Sales
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for a talented contracts manager to join our Commercial Legal team!
In this role, you will work with the Sales team, internal business partners, and other Legal team members to review and respond to requests from current and prospective customers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic projects and transactions for Atlassian.
This is a remote position and will liaise directly with Sales team and customers based in the United States. To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the United States Western or Central time zones.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals on our Legal team supporting Atlassian’s Sales team.
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on customer requests and contract-related issues. We’re not looking for academic analysis!
- Identify and implement scalable resources to better serve our growing Sales team.
- Review customer requests and work with internal business partners to fulfill such requests in accordance with company processes and policies; seek and obtain internal approvals for modifications to standard terms or processes as needed.
- Partner with our Sales team, as well as our Privacy, Trust, Finance and Product teams, to improve legal processes.
- Develop support materials to educate our Sales team on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Provide contract administration support, including handling document lifecycle from drafting to execution, including contract generation, redlining, exhibit coordination, approval escalation, record management and post-execution support.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to Sales and Legal Operations to answer routine questions regarding the Commercial team’s templates, playbooks and processes.
- Work on various other projects to improve the Commercial Legal practice.
More about you:
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done.
- You work collaboratively and develop positive relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business - with a sense of humor and resiliency, under tight deadlines, and while managing multiple priorities.
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with business partners, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs.
- You enjoy getting deals done, while managing customer risk.
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread around the globe.
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends.
- You think creatively beyond the “legal box” to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations.
- You effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience of contract management experience, including creation and management of legal agreement templates and playbooks for an in-house commercial team (including drafting legal language).
- Experience developing and maintaining efficient processes for a busy commercial legal team.
- SaaS industry experience preferred.
- Passion for understanding our customers, products, culture, and business model.
- Excellent business judgment, strong communication skills, and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams.
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment on key decisions in the contracts administration function, including recognizing circumstances that require escalation.
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $132,100 - $176,100
Zone B: $118,900 - $158,500
Zone C: $109,600 - $146,200
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!