Pre-Sales Solution Engineer, Jira Align
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. To help our teams work together, you must be located in the United States and support Pacific time zone hours and clients
Your future team
Atlassian is searching for a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer passionate about being a product expert in the sales cycle, solving our largest customer's most complex business problems with our solutions, and helping close enterprise deals. You'll report to a Senior Pre-Sales Manager on a diverse team.
You'll work with a globally distributed Solutions Engineer team, speaking with Fortune 500 companies daily, and collaborating with our sales teams to provide an enterprise experience to our customers.
More About you
You're a problem solver who can interpret business problems, boil them down into solutions, and collaborate with prospects, partners, and the Atlassian sales team to create compelling value-based solutions. You're equally comfortable working with executives or talking shop with technical audiences in both a business and technical context. You love to learn and challenge yourself, and are passionate about making customers and Atlassian successful.
What you'll do
- Be a product expert of Jira Align software in the pre-sales process, partnering with the sales team to participate in customer discovery to understand the customer's current state, what business problems they want to solve, and map back to the Jira Align solutions to get them where they want to be
- Probe for and identify additional opportunities for cross-product/solution expansion
- Lead compelling value-based demonstrations, both standard and customized.
- Create partnerships with assigned sales counterparts, discussing current and upcoming opportunities and needs, bi-directional feedback on recent engagements, and ways to improve the selling cycle together.
- Understand, track, and document product feedback and competitive intelligence from customers and advocate for the development internally by sharing with product management
- 3+ years of experience working with enterprise customers in a pre-sales capacity.
- This is a job that'll be dedicated to supporting West Coast Jira Align opportunities, so experience in some or all of the below is a must:
- Familiarity with Agile at Scale solutions (SAFe, LeSS, S@S)
- Experience as an Agile Coach, Release Train Engineer, or similar position
- Bonus if you have experience with Jira Align or other Agile at Scale software and performing or consulting for an Agile at Scale transformation
- Willingness to travel up to 25% for in-person meetings with customers
- Be willing to work US West Coast hours
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $135,000 - $180,000
Zone B: $121,500 - $162,000
Zone C: $112,100 - $149,400
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!