Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Principal Program Manager - Outside Counsel Management
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you have a passion for managing outside counsel and legal vendor programs? Do you want to play a meaningful role in implementing foundational, outside counsel management systems and processes in the legal team and influence legal operations strategy? Are you ready to take on new challenges and help set the bar for a world-class legal operations team?
The Atlassian Legal Operations team is looking for a Principal Program Manager - Outside Counsel Management to take on responsibilities for leading and executing outside counsel initiatives for the global legal team. Working in a dynamic environment, we’re looking for teammates who can roll up the sleeves on execution, and who have experience managing outside counsel programs at scale. We’re focused on building solid foundations for growth with a strong grounding in operational excellence. This position will report to the Head of Global Legal Operations.
This is a great opportunity to join a new legal ops team and work on solving for operational, technical and process efficiencies in an exciting, fast-paced environment!
More about you
We are looking for an experienced lead to help shape and drive forward the legal team’s outside counsel management initiatives. With a passion to understand the bigger picture and think strategically, you also enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving into data and analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business at hand and deliver results. You thrive in a fast pace environment, look to solve challenging problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways of working.
You are passionate about cultivating relationships within the legal team and across other areas of the organization. You operate with an intellectual curiosity and aren’t hesitant to ask questions or seek input from others. You establish credibility through your technical knowledge of outside counsel management systems (e.g., eBilling, reporting tools, RFP management software), as well as your attention to detail and ability to identify themes and insights. You effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
What you’ll do:
- Lead programmatic efforts to deliver on our OKRs (objectives and key results) related to outside counsel and vendor management, including implementation of eBilling, law firm RFP software, and establishing methods for data reporting/analyses across the legal team
- Work with outside counsel, legal services vendors, and internal counsel to facilitate the onboarding of firms to the new eBilling platform
- Develop and report on various legal analytics associated with active matters, discounts, alternative fee arrangements, and volume discounts to senior legal leadership
- Ensure compliance with financial controls including SOX and internal audits
- Serve as owner for the legal team’s new outside counsel guidelines post-launch, and will be the point person responsible for ensuring law firms/legal vendors comply with billing guidelines
- Responsible for delivering systems training and maintaining relevant system documentation
- Coordinate with accounts payable, finance, IT, and internal audit teams
- Serve as primary POC for law firm eBilling, matter management, and invoicing issues with internal teams
- Work directly with GCT (legal leadership) to better understand their spend, matters, and continually improve reporting/data insights
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- BS/BA degree
- 6+ years working in a legal organization managing outside counsel, preferably in a public company setting
- Practical experience with reporting tools, analytical software (e.g., Tableau)
- Practical experience with MS Products (Excel) and Google Suite
- Practical experience with electronic billing (e.g., Brightflag, SimpleLegal), matter management (RFP tools a plus)
- Demonstrated leadership and project management in cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated success in working with technical teams
- Passion to understand our products, teams, and ways of working
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $144,000 - $201,600
Zone B: $129,600 - $181,440
Zone C: $119,500 - $167,328
Within each range, base pay is determined based on your depth of experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.