Senior Researcher, People Insights
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian is hiring a Senior People Researcher to join our People Insights team, a cross-disciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, behavioral scientists, researchers and business partners, who use data and research to inform strategic and operational issues facing our leaders, teams, and people. You will report to our People Research Lead.
What you'll do
- Identify opportunities to build knowledge and techniques from behavioral science into people processes and decisions
- Design and guide strategic programs of research for topics across the employee lifecycle including, but not limited to, employee voice and continuous listening, performance management, manager and team effectiveness, and more
- Design interventions and experiments to measure and improve individual, team, and organizational outcomes
- Answer the "so what?" for data and research-driven people insights in a way that drives action
- Bring a practical but rigorous view to organizational research, with a focus on the connection to important business outcomes
- Deep expertise (PhD, Masters, or equivalent expertise) in a field that uses research to understand and influence human behavior (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Behavioral Economics, Social/Personality Psychology, etc.)
- 5+ years experience communicating research insights and recommendations to executives, HR, functional leaders, and managers to inform and drive action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, when explaining insights and take-aways from research and data
- Experience designing, implementing, analyzing, and evaluating employee surveys and other lifecycle programs
- Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating behavioral interventions in an applied setting
- Expertise in research methods & study design (e.g., experimentation, survey design, etc)
- Strong analytical thinking, and understanding of data and statistical methods
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills #LI-remote
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $153,700 - $204,900
Zone B: $138,300 - $184,400
Zone C: $127,500 - $170,000
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!