Front End Software Engineer, Central AI (QHP-29799)
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a frontend engineer to join our Central AI team. The Central AI organization constructs the fundamental infrastructure, data pipeline, frameworks, and other capabilities to expedite AI feature development throughout the entire company.
Your future team
The Central AI org is part of the larger Atlassian Intelligence program. Its purpose is to accelerate AI innovation across all our products and platform, provide cohesive AI experiences and setup up an Atlassian AI infrastructure for the future.
We are hiring a Frontend Software Engineer, reporting to an Engineering Manager. Here, you will work closely with design and product management, influencing the direction of the product and collaborating with the team to achieve our goals. You will write code and deliver product capabilities that you can be proud of, providing amazing results that our customers love and helping us build the best-in-class AI products!
What You'll Do:
- Deliver large and complex projects autonomously, from technical design to launch
- Build client code that is efficient, fast, testable, scalable, and high quality.
- Promote collaboration with other engineers, designers and managers to understand user pain points and iterate to deliver solutions
- Partner with design and product and across other engineering teams to develop delightful customer experiences
- Contribute to code reviews and documentation, and take on complex bug fixes
- Explore and design innovative interaction models that help users leverage generative AI in their daily tasks.
- Bachelor or Master in computer engineer for equivalent subjects
- 2+ years of related industry experience in building large scale front end experiences
- Understanding of modern frontend ecosystem, including but not limited to bundling, linting, testing and releasing.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai)
- Experience building frontend applications at scale
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!