Senior People Data Scientist
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is hiring a data scientist to join our newly formed People Insights team, a cross-disciplinary group of analysts, data scientists, behavioral scientists, researchers and business partners, who use data and research to inform strategic and operational issues facing our leaders, teams, and people. This role will be responsible for driving our approach to data-informed insights and analysis, leveraging research and creating repeatability of outputs to inform our leaders and teams.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with behavioral scientists, business partners and others to understand the people insights needed to drive decision making at Atlassian, and design products and insights in a way that motivates and inspires action
- Conduct rigorous analyses to uncover data-driven people insights, and then test and iterate to understand feasibility and interest before scaling
- Help scale compelling insights from people data and effectively convey findings to stakeholders with a data storytelling mindset.
- Learn from and collaborate with other Data Scientists, as well as mentor others on the team
- Expert knowledge of advanced statistical methods (e.g., could include: regression, cluster analysis, HLM, social network analysis, text analysis, longitudinal methods, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience working with people data (e.g., survey data, HR data, psychological study data, human behavior data) in an applied setting
- Proven ability to translate data into compelling and easy-to-understand insights, stories, and narratives that resonate with a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of experimental methods
- Advanced Python or R skills
- Proficiency in reading and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Git is a plus
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!