Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Director, Sustainability Governance
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Here at Atlassian, we help teams turn ideas into reality with our world-class collaboration tools. Integral to our mission of unleashing the potential for every team, is a deep commitment to embedding social and environmental progress in everything we do. The Director of Sustainability Governance will be responsible for ensuring we have proper leadership accountability, are operating transparently and using the Atlassian platform to contribute to a more sustainable ecosystem for our customers, employees, communities and the planet.
Reporting into the Chief Sustainability Officer, the Director of Sustainability Governance is a member of the Sustainability team, within Atlassian Legal. You’ll be helping us to show our homework in a way that improves and builds customer, investor and regulator trust. To that end, the Director of Sustainability Governance has two primary responsibilities. First and foremost is to manage voluntary and mandatory disclosures and engagement for investors and regulators. Second to that will be supporting the Chief Sustainability Officer in improving Sustainability leadership governance and delivering value to customers through programs like communications and product innovation.
On your first day, we'll expect you to be able to:
- Significant work experience in the Sustainability space
- Expertise in reporting and disclosures
- Drive long term strategy development and implementation
- Work at multiple altitudes from project planning to execution across multiple projects
- Cultivate relationships and cross-functional alignment with distributed teams
- Solve new problems in collaboration with cross-functional teams and partners
- Use expertise of Atlassian and Sustainability to maneuver through unexpected situations
- Embrace change and use business shifts or changes in the external environment to your advantage
In this role you will:
- Directly own and manage Atlassian’s sustainability reporting strategy and execution including the Annual Sustainability Report and related reporting frameworks (ie SASB, TCFD).
- Drive projects that contribute to Atlassian’s ability to meet emerging stakeholder expectations and regulatory requirements including materiality assessments.
- Contribute Sustainability content to financial filings (ie 10k), shareholder communication (ie annual Proxy and shareholder letters) and ensure proper audit controls are in place.
- Collaborate with Investor Relations on engagement with rating agencies, oversee data collection and submissions to firms, analyze performance, track progress, identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support Investor Relations and the CSO in driving direct conversations with Atlassian’s active investors
- Benchmark reporting and disclosure practices, conduct ESG gap analyses, and make recommendations for enhancements in metrics and disclosure.
- Prepare for emerging mandatory reporting (ie SEC, CSRD, CSDDD) and ensure the Sustainability team is set up to scale (ie tools) and deliver on requirements.
- Enable stronger board governance of Atlassian’s approach to Sustainability through supporting the CSO in building competency and helping to prepare committee updates.
- Help the CSO, Director of Climate, and Director of Human Rights to define strategy and execute on driving greater Atlassian leadership oversight and accountability which may include support preparing for stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Support the CSO and cross functional teams in communications, brand activations, corporate development investments, policy advocacy and product innovation.
- Contribute to the Sustainability team’s understanding and tracking of emerging issues and trends especially as it relates to shifts the regulatory environment, reporting and stakeholder expectations.
- Work collaboratively with our diverse teams, sharing best practices, and living our Atlassian values.
- Annual Sustainability Report strategy
- Manage, from design through the development, the annual Sustainability Report
- Oversee data collection, fact checking, ensuring accuracy, audit controls and appropriate approvals
- Drive content development with subject matter experts, revisions, and final copy editing (all in house)
- Reporting out against leading frameworks (ie SASB, TCFD)
- Knowledge of emerging reporting requirements (ie SEC) and building expertise in new (ie CSRD)
- Ability to translate requirements to teams responsible for delivering data and executing on work
- Proactively manage against a gaps analysis, across Atlassian, to prepare for greater disclosure
- Understand and engage across investor communication landscape (ie rating agencies, proxy, 10k)
- Flex between ownership of critical strategy and deliverables and providing support across the team
More about the Team
- The Sustainability team is evolving to go beyond our core focus areas (Climate and Human Rights) to include a concerted investment in maturing our approach to governance, disclosures and external positioning.
- Our team is open, always learning, and come with varied backgrounds and experiences. While the core team is US west coast based, we partner with Atlassian teams globally. We are a progress over perfection team that take time each week to reflect together on wins, challenges, emerging trends in the sustainability space and to share business intel. As a result, we progress our work together integrating our focus areas and coming up with solutions that progress the “E”, “S” and “G” together.
- We believe that through our roles we can help Atlassian to achieve our long term ambition. To learn more about our external goals, check out our annual sustainability report and DFTP Guide.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $189,200 - $252,200
Zone B: $170,300 - $227,000
Zone C: $157,000 - $209,400
Within each range, base pay is determined based on your depth of experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.