Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Remote
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
The Central AI org is part of the larger Atlassian Intelligence program. Its purpose is to accelerate AI innovation across all our products and platform, provide cohesive AI experiences and setup up an Atlassian AI infrastructure for the future.
While it's anticipated that the majority of AI-driven programs will be developed and executed by federated product teams within Atlassian, the role of Central AI is important to this process. Central AI is tasked with constructing the underlying infrastructure and capacities, which are crucial for the seamless integration and optimal functionality of AI across various departments. By doing so, Central AI ensures that different teams within the organization do not work in silos but have access to a unified foundation that promotes efficiency and collaboration. Additionally, Central AI is responsible for developing some of the core shared experiences typical in the AI domain, such as search, knowledge discovery and conversation.
As a Senior Machine Learning engineer, you will work on the development and implementation of the cutting edge machine learning algorithms, training sophisticated models, collaborating with product, engineering, and analytics teams, to build the AI functionalities into each Atlassian products and services. Your daily responsibilities will encompass a broad spectrum of tasks such as designing system and model architectures, conducting rigorous experimentation and model evaluations, and providing guidance to junior ML engineers. Your role is pivotal, stretching beyond these tasks, ensuring AI's transformative potential is realized across our offerings.
What you'll do
- Masters in a quantitative subject (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or relevant work experience)
- 3+ years of related industry experience in the data science domain
- Expertise in Python or Java with and the ability to write performant production-quality code, familiarity with SQL, knowledge of Spark and cloud data environments (e.g. AWS, Databricks)
- Experience building and scaling machine learning models in business applications using large amounts of data
- Explain data science concepts to diverse audiences, craft a compelling story
- Focus on business practicality and the 80/20 rule; very high bar for output quality, but recognize the business benefit of "having something now" vs "perfection sometime in the future"
- Agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience working in a consumer or B2C space for a SaaS product provider, or the enterprise/B2B space
- Experience in developing deep learning-based models and working on LLM-related applications
- Excelling in solving ambiguous and complex problems, being able to navigate through uncertain situations, breaking down complex challenges into manageable components and developing innovative solutions
At Atlassian, we strive to design equitable and explainable compensation programs. To support this goal, the baseline of our range is higher than that of the typical market range, but in turn we expect to hire most candidates near this baseline. Base pay within the range is ultimately determined by a candidate's skills, expertise, or experience.
In the United States, we have three geographic pay zones. For this role, our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $199,400 - $265,800
Zone B: $179,400 - $239,200
Zone C: $165,500 - $220,600
This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.