Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Avanade employer page in 10 seconds.
Future Opportunity - Analytics Architect
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Des Moines, Iowa, Detroit, Michigan, Green Bay, Wisconsin, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job Type: Full time
Recruiting For The Future:
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. Now, with more than 60,000 employees around the globe, we are positioning our organization to effectively prepare for the future. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first know.
Avanade leads the technical consulting industry providing creative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 26 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
How we support you:
Do you want to work in an environment that supports you? We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community! We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance, disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking expert in Data Platform Cloud Solutions. The successful Architect will be able to drive high priority customer initiatives using Azure. In conjunction with customers and the Microsoft's Enterprise accounts segment of our business, we will accomplish cutting edge solutions. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between our customer and the Microsoft Data Platform. The role will extend to some Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence concepts.
Avanade is looking for an Azure Solution Analytics Group Manager: you are involved in all the project phases from defining new technical architectures, trying to propose creative solutions in line with the company's value proposition and provide support for the implementation of enterprise architecture based on the latest generation methodologies: Microservices, Cloud native, Serverless, Azure PaaS and Container-based.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Apply technical knowledge to design solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on the Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience. 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- 5+ years’ experience working with large complex enterprise accounts architecting cloud solutions for data estate workloads
- 5+ years implementing large scale data projects within the cloud environment
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence remote teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query
- Data storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL
- Data Governance
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python required
- Technical Capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Knowledge of Competitors: Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred