Business Development Executive, Communication, Media and Technology Industry
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Cary, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chesapeake, Virginia, Dallas, Texas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Greensboro, North Carolina, Houston, Texas, Jacksonville, Florida, Knoxville, Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee, Newport News, Virginia, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Raleigh, North Carolina, Reston, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia, San Antonio, Texas, Shreveport, Louisiana, Tallahassee, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
As a Business Development Professional, you will be responsible for leading and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and fast-growing business with direct clients. You will also work closely with partners driving new business. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
Your Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understanding the needs of your partners and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Meeting with potential clients to grow, maintain and demonstrate relationships.
- Applying and demonstrate the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Using detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
You are a deal maker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with energy, drive and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, clients and others at any level inside and outside your organization.
Your Background and Skills Include:
- Selling Digital, Cloud, ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include global delivery.
- Working effectively with Accenture, Microsoft & other partners to grow their book of business.
- Previewing, identifying and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities.
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities.
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices.
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions.
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.
- 7+ years of experience in business development, relationship building & advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.