Deputy Finance Lead
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Avanade’s Deputy Finance Lead is part of a regional finance team, acting as business advisor by contributing financial insights & solutions, ensuring appropriate controls are in place, reviewing & approving deal structures, margins, contingency & solutions, and driving profit improvement plans. The Deputy Finance Lead is accountable for driving financial health throughout the contract lifecycle, as well as in ongoing operations of the regional business unit.
The Deputy Finance Lead is responsible for serving as a hands-on member of the finance team, collaborating with regional business & finance leadership, business operations, sales & pricing, delivery & client teams to optimize profitability and manage risk at the project, client, and regional level.
Specific scope of work will include:
- Act as a business advisor to client engagement teams and regional leadership by providing data and recommendations to aid in decision making with focus on revenue and profitability improvement
- Prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company.
- Fostering a collaborative environment across commercial functions, account leadership, and finance organization to communicate the position of contract or account financials
- Responsible for financial management of a regional portfolio – including budgeting & forecasting, contract/portfolio profit & loss management, and advisory services to client and corporate leadership teams
- Executing account financial processes with emphasis compliance with US GAAP and internal policies and controls, including but not limited to revenue recognition policies
- Guiding a small team of direct reports from across the globe, reviewing deliverables and providing regular feedback to help drive and shape their career with focus on increasing financial acumen and strengthening communication skills
- Provide commercial and financial support of new opportunity pricing during the pursuit phase
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Accenture and/or Avanade economic model and key financial levers, and financial application suite (e.g. MME, SAP, C365)
- Project based accounting experience including the application of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Detail oriented, hands-on team member ready to collaborate with the regional finance team as well cross-functional teams
- Highly organized with excellent analytical skills
- Solid executive presence and leadership skills with history of working directly with and developing relationships with Executive Leadership
- Self-starter with a curiosity to learn new processes
- Ability to manage independent work effort as well as support junior team members in growing their skills
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in English