Leadership Development Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Detroit, Michigan, Miami, Florida, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Seattle, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
Do you want to be part of the future of a leading-edge company? Do you want the opportunity to influence Avanade’s corporate strategy through leadership and organizational development in a way that impacts the experiences of every employee, manager, and leader at Avanade? Are you a natural collaborator with a passion for changing things for the better?
If yes, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for someone to join our Global Leadership Development team as we execute a bold strategy and enable the growth and development of Avanade’s leaders.
In addition to the below responsibilities and preferred background, the ideal candidate will enjoy:
- being part of big, complex, and at times ambiguous projects
- balancing organizational realities with adult learning theory
- partnering closely with stakeholders (business leaders, Business HR, IT, etc.)
You will play a pivotal role in deploying the development curriculum in support of Avanade’s evolving leadership culture. The key to success in this role will be creatively scaling our work so that it can be implemented successfully across a global, matrixed consultancy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing thought leadership and industry best practice to design and develop leadership development programs
- Working with business and HR leaders to understand the developmental needs of leaders across the Company (including needs assessment) and implement appropriate development plans
- Continuous evaluation and updating of current leadership development initiatives against broader organizational strategy and success metrics
- Creating clear consistent communications targeted for different programming, levels, and stakeholders to ensure clarity, alignment, and uptake on the programming offered
- Creating and oversee detailed change and communications strategies for leadership development offerings
- Assisting in leadership assessments, talent reviews and support succession planning process
- Balancing the need for global consistency with local customization, recognizing the value to each approach and finding common ground if there are differences
- An ability to adapt to changing business landscapes and embrace change
- A passion for technology as a driver of business results
- Solid interpersonal skills including communications, listening, partnering, and addressing conflict
- A growth-mindset and clear desire to learn, leverage mistakes as opportunities for learning
- Excellence in program and project management and execution, including effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail and strive for flawless execution
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Experience working collaboratively within distributed agile teams
- Subject matter expertise in organization development / effectiveness
- Experience delivering work in a fast-changing industry (e.g., consulting, high-tech)
- Experience in a progressive technology, consulting/professional services organization or high growth firm
- Experience delivering work in a global organization
- A degree in Psychology, Leadership Development, Human Performance, Org Development, Communication, Business or equivalent field of study or certificate program
- 5-7 years of experience in leadership/organizational development
- A deep business/consulting background with experience in technology
- Courageous authenticity in the coaching of, and advice to, Executives and other leaders
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a team of professionals
You’ve got this!