Modern Workplace AD Exchange M365 Architect - Midwest Region
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Des Moines, Iowa, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
Job Description – Infrastructure - Modern Workplace AD/M365 Architect
Cities: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Des Moines
States/Provinces: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we! Growing our Cloud business and presence in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade. We are fast-growing and expanding our Modern Workplace team in O365 architecture.
As a Modern Workplace Infrastructure Consultant, you are encouraged to plan, analyze, design, test, deploy and migrate enterprise scale Microsoft messaging migrations. You will need to demonstrate functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft O/M365 and On-Prem Exchange migration environments (as well as Identity / Active Directory), promote innovative solutions to our customer’s, and develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
- Craft and deploy enterprise-wide, complex cloud messaging infrastructure solutions.
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new cloud messaging platforms (on-prem AD vs. Azure AD, hybrid mail flows, etc.).
- Craft architecture with Microsoft messaging and cloud technologies that meets customer’s technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Lead complex large scale Active Directory / Azure AD, Office 365 (O365) and Exchange enterprise migrations and transformation projects
- Provide input into, or lead where appropriate, critical Modern Workplace Platform Modernization pursuits and deals which have the potential to make a significant positive impact on sales, revenues, client portfolio, capability and reputation
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable leading technical teams and working with client business users and leaders -and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
You have knowledge of several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions in Microsoft eco-system, cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
You likely have at least seven years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients
- Communicating and speaking publicly complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Leadership/Management experience
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of Microsoft eco-system stack including Office 365, Exchange expertise, and Azure Active Directory
- Experience With PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and Solving PowerShell Ise
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory
- Experience with BitTitan and Quest Software
Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructure tied to on premise and cloud workflows (e.g., for complex authentication, mail flow and messaging scenarios)
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.